Monday, December 13, 2010

A Gingerbread Train(Wreck)


On Monday for FHE we built and decorated a gingerbread train that came in a kit. I had purchased it last year and we had never gotten around to making it.



It came with gingerbread cutouts, candy in bags, and frosting. The kit expired in May, so we told the girls, "Do NOT eat it!" Grace just sucked on the bags. The frosting was like cement, but we did the best we could! Hannah was in charge of the creative aspect.


I think it turned out pretty darn cute!
On a related note: We woke up in the morning to find that the engine walls were leaning significantly to the left. The frosting had dried to it was permanently crooked! Hannah, the eternal optimist, said, "The train is just dancing and shaking from side to side!"

2 comments:

mandy said...

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to do a gingerbread house this year. I think you've convinced me!

Max and Deanna said...

Cute Train! I couldn't tell from Mandy's comment if you convinced her to get an house or to not get one!!!