Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Last Minute Thanksgiving

Because Clara was still sick with croup we had to skip out on Thanksgiving dinner with some friends.  We had to throw together a last minute Thanksgiving dinner at home.  That means Stove Top Stuffing, powdered mash potatoes, and those microwave pouches that have turkey slices and gravy.  Most things were made in the microwave!  I did make a few things to make it special.

Pumpkin Pancakes with buttermilk syrup.  Yummy!


Chad and the girls played outside while I slaved (sarcasm) away in the kitchen.  The weather was so nice they didn't even need coats or sweaters.
Hannah and I made a delicious appetizer!  It was mini fillo cups filled with melted brie cheese and topped with dried cranberries and pecans mixed with honey.  So easy and so,so yummy!

 Being goofballs at dinner.  Our dinner was good, but nothing special except for my homemade cranberry sauce.  Everyone said what they were thankful for.  Hannah listed everything starting from birth!  Grace said she was thankful for "not peeing in my underwear at Grandma's house."  Notice in the picture of Chad his scruff.  He and his buddies decided to not shave all Thanksgiving break.  He has now decided he is going to keep growing it until Christmas!  Not my favorite!

I made a rustic pear tart for dessert.  It looked impressive, but tasted pretty much just like apple pie.  I am not a huge fan of pie and apple is my least favorite, so I was a little disappointed.  Chad and the girls liked it though!


That night we played some festive games that Hannah had created.  It was a low-key (slightly boring) holiday.  Hopefully next year we will be able to spend it with friends or family!

2 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

You'll look back at these times with fondness. You are making family memories!!

Ryan + Angie said...

We sure missed you here. Love the idea of your tart...to bad it was a disappointment. Still it looks fancy! :)