Friday, March 13, 2009

Flashback Friday


So there are a couple of stories behind this picture. First of all this picture was part of a Wade family picture session that my family had the spring of 2003. Chad and I were engaged the summer of 2003. I can't believe my parents allowed Chad to be in our family pictures before we were even engaged! What would have happened if it hadn't worked out? AKWARD! Well, it did work out and I am glad!
The second story is what happened right before this picture. Chad was at work and was rushing over to meet the family for the pictures. He was running late and was nervous about making his girlfriend's family wait for him so he rushed a little too fast. As he pulled into the parking lot, a police car, with lights flashing, pulled in behind him. Talk about embarrassing! It was the first time that he had met some of my family. What a good first impression!
I laugh everytime I see this picture!

7 comments:

mandy said...

You two look so young and cute. I don't remember this hairstyle at all. Was it short lived?

Damien and Ashley said...

What a cute picture and such a funny story! I can just imagine how embarassing that would have been!

Rachel said...

You guys look so young. I remember Chad getting pulled over and I felt so bad for him! That seems like forever ago.

Max and Deanna said...

I remember that day. We were taking a big chance--and I'm also glad we did. Glad he's part of our family.

Max and Deanna said...

Glad it worked out also. Hope you stay happy and healthy.
Dad

Ryan + Angie said...

I remember the police incident. :) I didn't remember that you weren't engaged yet. What were we thinking?

eL said...

I didn't know that. I can't stop laughing... ba ha ha... oh so funny.