Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Paddy's Day!

This is my Flashback for this week. I have never really been a fan of St. Patrick's Day because I don't particularly like green, I DO NOT like pinching or being pinched, you don't get off of school or work, and you don't get candy or presents! I figured that it was only for people who like to get drunk. Well my opinion has changed slightly since I moved here to Twin Falls. Every year they have a parade on March 17th. It is not a great parade, but at least it gives you something to actually do on that holiday and you get candy! We are going to be out of town this year and are sad we are going to miss this annual tradition! Here are pictures of us at the parade the past two years.
I know Hannah has her eyes closed, but she looks so little and cute, I couldn't resist!

As you can see the first year we had jackets and sun and last year we had coats and wind! It is still a fun parade!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like fun! I am with you on this whole St. Patrick's Day - not a real exciting holiday. I wish they did something here.

mandy said...

I think that first picture of you two is so cute. You know how I feel about green, right? And I love that I'm in the background of both those pictures.

Travis and Melissa said...

Alex's preschool teacher did a huge party for Saint Patrick's day and it was her favorite holiday forever. The leprachauns came and hid gold coins for the kids to find. I myself think it is kind of stupid.

Max and Deanna said...

I taught about that holiday in Enlish Class Saturday--most of them had never even heard of it.

Ryan + Angie said...

I love that picture even if her eyes or closed...or maybe because they are. What a cutie!