Thursday, May 14, 2009

The New Addition to Our Family

Most of you already know about this, but Chad was in a wreck a couple weeks back. An elderly lady pulled out in front of him and they crashed. Our poor little car was not in great shape.

After the insurance got a bid on the price to fix it...they decided our car was not worth it. So it (Darla) was towed away, which I got a little sad about. I had that car for 10 years. Lots of memories! Anyways, we needed to get a new vehicle. After some help from my parents we found a van! I know! A van! We were a little reluctant at first, but it is really nice. Hannah loves it! She affectionately named it "Princess Starla Layla." Chad and I call it "The Silver Bullet" or more often, "Da Ban." We have really been enjoying it. We love that the windows and the cd player work (something that was iffy in our car). Hannah loves the DVD player.
So we are now the proud owners and drivers of a minivan!

4 comments:

mandy said...

There's no shame in a mini-van. Best family car ever.

Ryan + Angie said...

That crash looks nasty! Love the new van...hey, wait...it is exactly like ours. :)

Beth Willmore said...

It's one of those things that you think, "Wow - I'll never be that person, a minivan driver..." and once you're a mom you're thinking, "wow that much space would be awesome." I'm sad that Darla's gone too, I have lots of memories with that car!!

Max and Deanna said...

What color is it? I can't tell exactly from the picture.