Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Easter in a Nutshell (Or Should I Say "Eggshell"

So I am aware that Easter was a month ago, but I wanted to get the pictures and memories on here. So it is mostly for me and my family but, of course, you can enjoy them too!!
Hannah had a party at her preschool. My parents (who were on a quick trip from their mission to fix a tooth problem) were able to attend. We were both very excited to see them. At the party they had an egg hunt outside in the playground and then came inside to color eggs. Hannah really had fun!
Saturday morning the Easter Bunny came to our house and left a present for Hannah. Pet Shops, pink sparkly bunny ears, and an egg full of stickers.
Next on the agenda was the town egg hunt. There were tons of kids and some very aggressive parents! Hannah and Kate got lots of eggs and were happy to see that they had plastic eggs with candy and not the hard-boiled ones from previous years. It was a little chilly, but the kids had fun!

After the egg hunt we headed over to my sister's house and found that the Easter Bunny had left eggs while we were gone. Hannah had fun finding the eggs and even found a little present of Peeps!

We finished out the day by dying eggs, with daddy (who had been at work all day). We colored a whopping 4 eggs! We just used the eggs that we had in the house and 2 cracked during boiling! We still had fun even with a few eggs! And, of course, Easter wouldn't be Easter without a ham (made by Chad, his first attempt and it was yummy!) and a pretty Easter dress for Sunday!

It was a great holiday!

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

She is SO beautiful! I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter and that your parents got to come home and see you. Chad's ham looks delicious, send him to my house for the next holiday. :) Jared only cooks things that he can put on the grill!

mandy said...

You make me laugh. "Eggshell" is funny. Fun Easter and Hannah looks so cute.

Ryan + Angie said...

I love all the pictures and the update. I'm glad it was a great Easter. That ham looks fabulous...pretty fancy for a first attempt.

Max and Deanna said...

Those are some really cute pictures. Looks like a fun Easter. Glad to shared with us.