Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Day of Celebration

The day started out with a birthday sign (kinda lame I know, I was a little behind the ball). She went to preschool where she recieved a birthday crown, she brought special treats for her class, and thet sang a ver LOUD "Happy Birthday" to her. We had a picnic lunch in the park (sorry! forgot the camera) with Hannah choosing Einstein Bagels for our meal. I redeemed myself by having the house decorated and a balloon waiting for her when we arrived home.
Hannah even helped decorate her cake. Not the best-looking cake I have ever made, but it was pink so Hannah though it was great!
When Chad got home from work we headed to the store to pick out her present...a fish!
She picked a colorful betta and named it Rainbow Butterfly.
Chad and Hannah got the most beautiful and best betta ever (according to Hannah) all set up in it's new home while I made the special birthday dinner.
The birthday girl requested chicken and cheese quesadillas.

The cake tasted better than it looked!It's good to be 5!

3 comments:

mandy said...

Looks like the perfect day for a fantastic 5-year-old. Love the fish's name.

Beth Willmore said...

Holy smokes Abs, I can't believe you're old enough to have a 5 year old. I will NEVER be that old! :) (Meg turns 4 next week...) She's such a beautiful little girl - good job!

Max and Deanna said...

That is a very Happy Looking birthday girl. Good job Mom and Dad. Happy Birthday Hannah.
G&G Wade