Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hannah's Favorite Part of Utah

When I first told Hannah about us moving she wasn't so sure it was a good idea. That is until I told her about all the fun things that Utah had to offer. Once the word zoo came out of my mouth she was sold! I told her that one of the first things we would do would be to go to the zoo. We were able to go with my sister-in-law and two of her children. It was a fun trip. Hannah liked seeing all of the animals (and the lion drinking fountain) and I liked that it wasn't sooo hot. We enjoyed the time until the clouds darkened and we had to make a sprint (ok more like a fast paced walk) across the zoo and back to the car. We made it just in time because on the way home there was a down pour! It was raining so hard we couldn't see and the freeway was flooded with huge puddles! All in all it wasn't bad for our first adventure in Utah!

6 comments:

mandy said...

1) That is a fun zoo. We loved it there.
2) The downpour reminds me of our wet trip to the Dallas zoo. Good times. 3) Next you should go to the This is the Place Monument (right across the street). It is an all day thing but I heard it is really fun. Maybe when I come to visit sometime?
4) Did you tell Hannah she was drinking lion spit? Ew.

Ryan + Angie said...

I like that zoo too and I don't even like animals! I do like it a lot better when it's not hot either, but I'm not sure I would be a fan of the rain. You're a trooper!

Beth Willmore said...

I'm glad that Hannah's decided Utah's going to be ok - (too bad husbands aren't that easy to convince about some things...) You look cute as ever, and I wish that we could get together - I'm sure that Meg & Hannah could be buddies and we could do something fun!

Max and Deanna said...

Welcome back!! I'm exciting to see a post--glad you are getting adjusted to Utah. The other day someone ask me where my children lived. I said three in Idaho, two in Utah. Then wait it's now three in Utah, two in Idaho!!!

Damien and Ashley said...

So glad you are gettting settled and liking being Utah-ians! Hannah is adorable (as is her mother!!!) in the zoo pics. How are you feeling? Hope things are good!

Lindy Kyle said...

Hey!!!
Super cute photos, I'm glad you guys had a good time at the zoo! Abby is such a doll!!! Good luck out there with all those Utahians. :)