Monday, February 25, 2013

A Convinent Snow Day

 
Hannah has been having stomach issues lately.  She had thrown up on Monday and felt sick on Tuesday morning, so I kept her home from school.  But I should have sent her because she was perfectly fine.    

She was fine again until Thursday after school when she threw up in the van!  Yuk!  I told Chad there was puke everywhere and it would probably be best if we just got a new van.  He didn't think that was a great idea. 
I was debating about whether to send her to school the next day.  I didn't want to keep her home, if she was going to be fine the next day, but I really didn't want to send her to school and have her throw up.

Well that problem was solved when school was canceled for "inclement weather." 
I think I have mentioned before that here in Virginia, a slight chance of snow is considered "inclement weather" and they cancel school at the drop of a hat.

Friday was one of those days.  This is what it looked like outside.  Good thing they canceled school, right?!?

She threw up again that morning, so we spent the day being lazy around the house and avoiding "the blizzard" outside!

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Seriously, I have no clue why the canceled school. It was "all" melted by 9:30ish anyway!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard! It was -21 here about 3 weeks ago and school wasn't cancelled. Later in the newspaper the superintendent said, "I thought it would warm up quickly so I kept school in, bug the way the day turned out, I definitely should have called it." Go Rexburg!