Friday, August 15, 2008

Our Hike in the South Hills




Whenever I hear the song of a bird


Or look at the blue, blue sky,



Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,




Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,



I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world Heav’nly Father created for me.



He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings.


He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things.



He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:I thank him rev’rently





For all his creations, of which I’m a part.



Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.*
*Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997. © 1961 IRI. Arr. © 1989 IRI

4 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

What a cute post. I love it!

mandy said...

Funny how our kids have sparked a desire to hike in both of us!

Damien and Ashley said...

Looks like you had fun! That's one of our favorite primary songs!

Janet said...

Such a cute idea-loved it! It makes me want to take the kids out and get those shots too!