Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Weekend Adventure

A long time ago (about a month) we got together with my family for a fun weekend. The fun began by attending the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was a beautiful temple. My favorite part was seeing all of the little cousins together holding hands. Hannah still talks about it every time we see a temple, "member the time when we went to the temple and all of my cousins were there, except not all of them?"

The next stop on our adventure was a local farm. They have tons of animals and different activities you could do. The kids loved to run around chasing the ducks and geese. Along with all of the cool animals we saw we also saw some the grossed me out (notice the picture on the top row second column)!Hannah's favorite was milking the cow.

A VERY funny (probably because it didn't happen to me) thing happened while the kids were milking the cows. If you don't know you can get the whole story here. Even if you do know, trust me the pictures are still funny even now!

We top off the weekend by going to Lagoon. I hadn't been since my senior year of high school and Chad and Hannah had never been. It was a fun day. It was different for Chad and I. It was different for Chad because he is used to running from one big ride to the next, when at an amusement park. It was different for me because, being pregnant, I couldn't go on very many rides. My day mostly consisted of sitting in the shade, keeping track of the little kids, and watching everyone else on the rides. Although it was a different experience, we all really had fun. Hannah tells me almost everyday, "Uh, mom?! Today is the day I want to go back to Lagoon." If only it were that easy!

We had a great weekend with our family. Any time we can get together it is fun!

4 comments:

mandy said...

I'm sad I missed the temple, happy I missed the poop & would love to go back to Lagoon with Hannah. Today. Ok?

Damien and Ashley said...

What a fun weekend!!! Guess when the last time I was at Lagoon----right before I was moving and your parents took us in that huge van...remember??? That was sooooo long ago! I want to go back next summer-being pregnant kinda messes up the fun!!! :):):)

Ryan + Angie said...

I'm glad my experience can make you laugh. I'm still traumatized!

Max and Deanna said...

Looks like so much fun. I love to watch the cousins do anything together.