Monday, June 27, 2011

Temple Square Adventure

This summer Hannah has been working on different jobs around the house and school skills. Every Friday we get to choose a special activity if she gets everything accomplished during the week. Last week was a trip to Temple Square. It was really fun. We discovered the children area in the Church History Museum. It was so amazing! Seriously, I never knew it was up there. If you get a chance you should go! We were sad that we didn't have more time to spend.

They had a tortilla toss,


a fishing pond next to Nephi's ship complete with a Liahona,


some Golden Plates,


and a table with food to feed the missionaries!


This was just a small part of what was there! It was great!


Of course we couldn't leave without seeing the Christus.

A funny side story: On the way back to the car my flip flop broke! We were still about a block and half away from the van! I was trying to keep it on with my toes and shuffling my foot. It was going ok until we were crossing the VERY busy street in front of tons of cars. It completely fell apart! I had to pick up my flip flop and run across the street and the rest of the way to the van with just one flip flop! I am sure I am going to get some disease! I am sure I was quite a sight with my big belly, pushing a stroller, and running with just one shoe! How embarrassing!

2 comments:

Randy and Susan Landon said...

Sounds like you had an adventure. Your girls are growing so fast.

Max and Deanna said...

You definately paint an interesting pictures of yourself running to your van!!