Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Belated Easter!

Warning this is a long one (and may be boring to some)!
Happy belated Easter everyone! I hope your weekend was as fun as ours. Easter was so fun this year, because Hannah actually understood what was going on. It was a full weekend! Friday night started our Easter celebrations; Hannah recieved a package from Grandma Wade containing a stuffed duck (which Hannah instantly named Allen) and some candy. She insisted on taking the duck everyone the whole weekend (which meant I carried it all weekend!).




On Saturday morning Hannah woke up and we gave her the little presents from Chad and I (side walk egg-shaped chalk, a bubble blower, and a bunny water bottle).
Then we went to the city egg hunt of dyed hard-boiled eggs. The eggs were not a big hit and it kind of grossed me out, so we threw them away without tasting them.







We went home and played outside with the bubbles and the sidewalk chalk.




I spoke with the Easter Bunny and he informed me that he would be coming during Hannah's nap, so when she woke up we started the hunt. The eggs, filled with candy, stickers, and ink stamps, were hidden all outside of our apartment.



Once they were all collected we went inside to, as Hannah says, "crack the eggs" and see what was inside. She would tap each egg on the ground like she was trying to crack it like a real egg. It was so funny. She was so excited and would make the funnest face (seen below) each time we opened an egg.




We then headed over to the mall to get a picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Hannah kept telling me that the Easter Bunny was nice and that she wasn't going to be afraid. Which made me worried that once we got there she would think that Easter Bunny wasn't nice and would be afraid, but she was just fine. We got a really cute picture of her.


Sorry about the sideways picture!

Sunday Hannah was able to wear her pretty Easter dress. She looked so cute and grown up. It kills me how big she has gotten. She's not my little baby anymore. She looked so beautiful and couldn't stop twirling around.


Sorry about the sideways picture!

Sorry this is such a long post, but it was a busy and great weekend for us. I have decided that next year I am going to find more ways to teach Hannah about the real reason we celebrate Easter. I need to do that better with all holidays. Anyways, I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

So cute. I'm glad you had a great weekend. We did too. Kids make it fun.

mandy said...

So fun! I was hoping for the moustache picture though.

Travis and Melissa said...

I dont know what the pictures say but I like the pictures