Thursday, July 10, 2008

Signs of Summer

As I got out of the car last night, I heard a faint tinkling noise. It instantly brought me back to when I was a little girl, probably around Hannah's age, being at Grandma Ricks' house and hearing that same tinkling! I knew instantly that it was THE ICE CREAM TRUCK. I ran in the house and told Chad and Hannah to come and listen. I was so excited for Hannah to experince an ice cream truck for the first time! I got out some money and we waited outside on the step. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. I started to worry that it wasn't going to come down our road, but finally we saw the top of the truck creep slowly around the corner.
I forgot how slow they drive and how loud they play the music, hence the reason we could hear the music while the truck was still blocks away! Anyways, it was really fun to experience this with Hannah, although I do think that the prices have increased quite a bit since I was had ice cream from a truck!

Is anyone surprised that she picked the pink one?!?!

This is a long video and it took FOREVER to load!

4 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

I don't think they have one in our town anymore, but it would be a little hard to hear it from where we live. Cute pictures.

mandy said...

I think it is Melissa who tells her kids that the truck is just a nice truck that drives around to let people hear free music.

Ryan + Angie said...

I love it! Now she will have ice cream truck memories too. What a good mom.

Damien and Ashley said...

I showed my boys this post and they are so jealous. They wanted to know when the ice cream truck was coming to Shelley!