Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First and Possibly Last Furniture Restoration




Before






During









After



We bought this beat-up bunk bed for Hannah at a yard sale for really cheap. After hours and hours of scraping, sanding, priming, painting, screwing, hammering, and sweating, we finished it! I must admit I am pretty impressed with the way it turned out. Not bad for our first attempt!
Hannah wanted to sleep on the top bunk, so we left off the bottom and now she has a little play area underneath.

Hannah loves it!

6 comments:

mandy said...

VERY, very cute! I'm impressed. That is a lot of work. By the way, I found that little pillow that matches Hannah's quilt. Remind me to give it to you sometime!

Damien and Ashley said...

Wow! What a great job! They are so cute!

Travis and Melissa said...

Great Job! My projects never turn out like I want them to, but yours looks great.

Max and Deanna said...

She looks pretty grown up climbing down that big bed.

Ryan + Angie said...

Super Cute. I love the white and how fun to have more play room....that's exactly what my kids need.

Cortney, Duane, Zach, and Kellan said...

Wow, that turned out so great! I bet Hannah loves having a bed! You guys did an awesome job and I bet the white is so cute in her room! We are so excited to see you guys this weekend!