Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Recap

I have been slacking so much!! I have been meaning to post these Halloween activities for a long time. Can I blame it on my big belly?!?! I have been hoping the nesting instinct will kick in, but my only instinct is to lay on the couch!

Our Halloween festivities included:
A trip to Gardner Village for the Witch Days. It was fun to see all of the witches, fake and real, all around the village. Hannah was not a fan of the witches. She didn't want to get close to the fake ones and wouldn't even look at the real ones!!
Pumpkin carving! I always do a simple design. Hannah wanted to carve one this year instead of painting it like she usually does. Chad always does a really intricate time-consuming pumpkin that always looks awesome! He only finished half this year because he is so busy with homework and such, but it still turned out cool!
Halloween Howl Storytime at the library. There were tons of kids there and it was a little crazy, but Hannah loved that it was a witch telling the story. Interesting that she wasn't afraid of this witch!
Decorating sugar cookies. I was going to skip this tradition this year (sugar cookies are so much work), but after talking to people about them and seeing them on blogs my cravings outdid my laziness and we made them. They were yummy and we had fun decorating them. I am glad we made them!

Last, but certainly not least...Trick or Treating! We went to the mall first and then around our neighborhood. Hannah was loving it. The night was nice. It got a little cold toward the end, but Hannah didn't want to stop. She got so much candy! We didn't have one trick or treater at our house, so we had TONS of candy left over! There was a dentist in our town that was buying back Halloween candy for $1 a pound. We took our candy over and got $4! I couldn't believe we had that much candy. We went to the store and Hannah was able to buy a Littlest Pet Shop. She was happy to have the new toy and I was happy that the candy was gone, because let's be serious, I was going to eat a lot more of it than Hannah!!

We had a great Halloween. It seemed to go by so fast!

4 comments:

mandy said...

I've been waiting for this! Looks like a fun Halloween Your cookies turned out WAY better than mine--I must be sugar cookie challenged.

Max and Deanna said...

I love the pictures with Hannah's tongue licking her lips. Great pumpkins--all of you. With Mandy buying her kids candy and this dentist buying candy, maybe people should just hand out pictures of candy. Sounds like the treat or treating is the fun part anyway. Did no one come because you are in an apartment. Do you go to any of the apartment. Sorry long comment.

Rachel said...

I have always wanted to go to the Gardner Village Witch Days. It looks like fun! Your pumpkins turned out great, your cookies look good and Hannah is adorable.

Ryan + Angie said...

Chad's pumpkin is fabulous...it's amazing what a real artist can do. I didn't know a pumpkin could look like that. Hannah looks super cute. I wish someone would buy our candy but I think it is the one thing Ryan wouldn't let me sell.