Friday, August 13, 2010

I Can't Believe I Actually did it!

My sister Mandy has become a runner and she inspired me to try it too. I set a goal for myself to run the 5k that my hometown has on the 4th of July. I started training and it was hard. I am not a runner, AT ALL! When I first started, I about died running for 4 minutes straight! By the time of the race I was much improved from that, but I was still not confident. Luckily I had already signed up, paid, and had the support of my family (especially my awesome sister-in-law, Cortney, who ran it with me). I was super nervous the morning of the race, but it turned out really fun. I was glad that I had Cortney to run and talk with.
My brother-in-law, Adam, sped through the race with a super fast time and my nephew, Ethan, ran most of the time with us.
We most certainly didn't have the fastest time and I wouldn't say I am officially a runner, but I am proud to say that I ran a 5k!
WHAHOO!

4 comments:

mandy said...

I wondered why the race wasn't included in the 4th of July post. Way to go! You are awesome.

Ryan + Angie said...

I'm totally impressed that you did it. I was inspired by your success and was going to try it myself until my IPOD didn't work. I just gave up the dream then...:)

Parley and Anna said...

Way to go! You inspire me!

Angela S said...

Wow! Great work! Cheryl Bowe was blog stalking today and found your blog and messaged it to me. I was so excited to see your smile again!