Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Timpanogos Caves

Remember this? Well, we were finally able to see Timpanogos Caves!



Okay, we all know that I am not in the best physical shape, but even Chad said this hike was hard! We were expecting just a leisurely climb to the cave, but we were mistaken. It was almost two miles, VERY steep, and took us 1.5 hours to reach the cave! Hannah was a trooper. She wanted to take lots of breaks and eat lots of snacks, but she made it! I made it too! Grace just enjoyed the ride in the backpack. She was happy the whole way.

The cave was very cool. Definitely something to see at least one time! We saw rocks in different shape formations in the rocks and learned interesting facts about the cave. The pictures above make me laugh...like father, like daughter. What goofballs!

We had a lot of fun! It was a hard hike and I don't know if we will be doing it again any time soon, but it was something to try once!


3 comments:

mandy said...

I'm glad you got to do it although you may have scared me off from ever trying it!

Ryan + Angie said...

I'm inspired by your hiking prowess...but I don't think I will try it either. ;)

Max and Deanna said...

Sounds like we better not make that a "mother-daughter" experience.
Way to go Abby for making it all the way!!