Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Me from A-Z

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to try.


A-My name is Abby. When I was growing up I always wished that my name was spelled, Abbie. I don't know why. Once I got into about 3rd grade I decided that Abby with a "y" was very pretty. I love it now.



B-I love Babies. I love the way they smell and the way they visibly change almost everyday. I would love to have another one. Hopefully someday in the near future!



C-In June of 2005, I was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma. It was soon after Hannah was born. It was a big blow to me. I underwent high doses of chemotherapy for 4 months. I lost all of my hair. It was a hard time in my life, but it was made so much easier by my loving family and friends. I have been cancer-free for 2 1/2 years now!
D-Daisies are my favorite flower. Gerber are my favorite to be exact. Chad will buy them for me instead of roses. That was the flower that we had at our wedding. I just think they are so colorful and pretty.


E- I have always liked my Eyes. I have always felt that they are one of my best assets. When I lost all of my hair people said that it made my eyes stand out even more. Hannah looks like a mini-me and she has my eyes too. We always gets compliments on them.

F-I have only been Fishing twice in my life. Once was when I was little. I did not like it. We went out early in the morning, it was dark, cold, and we had to be quiet. We didn't catch any fish. Not a great first experience. It was so not enjoyable that I didn't go fishing again, until my senior year in high school. This was a much better experience. It was nice and warm, and we were fishing in a pond that was full of fish. I caught two all on my own. I don't eat seafood, but it was a fun time.

G-I Graduated from BYU-Idaho with a Bachelor Degree in Marriage/Family and Child Studies. I loved my time at BYU-Idaho. I enjoyed the classes I took and the friends I made. I lived at Heritage Manor. I really enjoyed the experience of living with roommates and that is where I met Chad.

H-Hannah is my 3 yr-old daughter. She is so funny and fills my day with excitement and frustration. Most days are more exciting than frustrating. She is super smart and is looking forward to swimming and dance lessons this summer.

I- On August 22, 2003, Chad and I were married for time and all eternity in the Idaho Falls Temple. It was an unforgettable day. I was very nervous, but excited. It was great to have our family there to support us. Chad looked so handsome. We planned on holding our reception in the backyard of my parent's house. We had everything all set up, but then about 30 mins before the reception was to start, a huge storm came. We decided to move it to the church. It was amazing to see everyone work together and I am so thankful that we had so much help. It rained the rest of the night, but it turned out great.


J-Jumping off of a bridge or out of an airplane? I don't think so! Chad thinks it would be so fun, but I am terrified of heights. It is actually kind of sad how scared I am. Standing on top of a slide makes me a little nervous!

K- Chad tried to go in for a Kiss on our first date, but I slid past it and went for a hug. I remember telling my roommates that I wasn't going to kiss him for at least a month of dating. Well, the next day we went on our second date and ha ha ha, we kissed! So much for a month, huh!!?!?

L-I am a member of the LDS Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love my religion. I am grateful for the things that it has taught me and the way I can live my life. I try to better myself each day and my faith helps me. I know that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and he assisted in the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that President Monson is the prophet now. He will lead us to truth and happiness if we just listen to his council and the council of the Lord through him. I know that the Book of Mormon is a book of truth. I love reading it and I feel so close to the Savior every time I do.

M-For our one year anniversary, Chad and I went to Mexico. We went to Cancun. It was an awesome trip. We saw many fun things. Our favorite part was one night we went on a cruise called Captain Hook. All of the crew was dressed up as pirates. There were two ships and half-way through the cruise, the two ships held a battle. Our ship won. We had dinner and music for the rest of the night. It was definitely memorable.
N-I love all of my Nieces and Nephews! They are all so cute and each have their own personalities. They usually play together so well. I love when my whole extended family gets together. There are kids everywhere. We always sit around and talk. We always ask, "What did we do to entertain ourselves before kids?" I have 9 nieces, 3 nephews, and one more nephew on the way.

O-I love Broadway and 0ff-Broadway plays. My favorite is Phantom of the Opera. I have seen it a couple of times at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, Utah. I just love the whole experience of going there. The music and acting is so great. I would love to someday see and actual on-Broadway Show in New York!
P-Someday I would love to run my own Preschool out of my home (once we have a house). My education is in child studies. I would love to do this because I love children and teaching. I think it would be great to have in my home so that I can still stay at home, but bring in some extra income. I would want to do it just for a few hours in the mornings a few days a week. I will let you know when it happens.

Q-I don't know how to Quilt. It is a skill that I have never learned, but I would like to learn. My Grandma Ricks and Grandma Bills can both quilt beautifully. On my bed is an amazing quilt that Grandma Bills and my mother-in-law, Shauna, made for my wedding.


R-I am embarrassed to say that I am addicted to Reality television. I was really looking forward to this summer, because it is full of reality television shows. I have DVR and I record, probably too many, the shows I want to watch. My favorites are Big Brother, Amazing Race, The Next Food Network Star, Survivor, okay pretty much any reality show!

S-I have a wonderful, dedicated, loving Spouse named Chad. He is a great father and a wonderful husband. He is always thinking of ways to help me and ways to show me how much he loves me!
T-I used to play Tennis in high school. I love it, but I haven't played in almost two years. I think that playing tennis really gave me self confidence. It was something that I did on my own. I think that I really became happy with myself as I played. I had really great coaches and I played with fun people. I wasn't ever really good, but I had fun trying! I miss it!

U-I have always wanted to live in Utah. I don't know why, but I have always thought it would be great to live there. I always loved visiting my family that lived there and I have always envisioned myself raising my kids there. It probably won't happen and I'm okay with that.

V-I played the Violin for one year. It was in 5th grade. I didn't really like it. I was never good. I think that both of those things could be due to the fact that I rarely, if ever, practiced. I remember the thing that was the last straw that made me want to quit was when we were required to miss the second recess of the day so that we could have more practice time. Horrible I know!

W-I have visited both Washington state and Washington, D.C. I loved both. I don't know if I would want to live there, but it was fun to visit! In Washington state I loved riding the ferry. I was so amazed that all the cars and people fit on that huge ferry. In Washington, D.C. I went to the White House. That was pretty cool.

X-Chad is going to school at CSI to become an X-ray Technologist. He is currently doing his clinical education in the hospital five days a week. He is learning a lot and loves it. He has one year of schooling left! Yea!!


Y-One of my favorite parts of summer is going to West Yellowstone and watching a play at the Playmill Theatre. I look forward to it every year. The fudge is awesome!

Z-Zero. Zilch. Nada. That is what I can think of for Z. Sorry that the last one is so dumb, but I have been working on this for way too long and I am tired.
Well that is all. Probably more information about me than you ever even wanted to know!

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Abbie - whoops I mean Abby,

This is sooooo awesome. I loved all the information. As for the quitling - get your mom to bring you to a quilt show and take a class. That would be a fun place to start.

mandy said...

Way to stick with it! Good job--I even learned some things! It makes me laugh that we couldn't think of an L and LDS is so perfect. Also, i can't believe that I got upstaged for Mexico. Rude.

Ryan + Angie said...

I love this post. Thanks for sharing about you. What a fun idea.

Max and Deanna said...

You put a lot of thought into this post. I loved it and learned something I didn't know in the K story!!