Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and...Bear Sloths?

On Saturday we took a jaunt to the Boise Zoo. We got a later start than we wanted and then got lost finding the zoo (due to construction on the roads surrounding the zoo), but we finally arrived just after lunchtime. We were all very excited to see the animals. It was the perfect day to spend outside! We saw lots of animals (including a Bear Sloth). The Bear Sloth is, as far as I can tell, a very lazy black bear. We saw it laying in the grass sleeping. And dispite Hannah's best and loudest crowing like a rooster all we got from it was a wiggle and a slight head raise. Hannah's favorite was the "big dragon with the bubble in his mouth" (a Kimno Dragon that was the size of like a 15 year old boy and had some sort of weird spit bubble out the side of his mouth). I was very suprised how big it was.

She also liked the penguins and below is a display of her "penguin waddling." Looks just like a penguin, right!?!?



My favorite were the monkeys. There was a little baby monkey swinging all over and climbing all over its mother. It reminded me of my little monkey, Hannah.

When we first arrived, Hannah was a tiny bit grouchy and refused to go down a slide that went down a giraffe's neck. After looking at the animals and eating a hot dog, she was much more pleasant and, as you can see from her reaction, very excited that she went down the slide.

We stayed until the zoo closed. The zoo is going to be opening a African Experience exhibit in the future. I would love to go to that and see things like an elephant and giraffe. All in all, we really had a fun day!

4 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

What a lucky little girl to have such great parents to take her to the zoo!!

mandy said...

She gets so excited...it is adorable! You are also looking pretty cute with those gigantic bat ears.

Ryan + Angie said...

I can't imagine spending that much time at a zoo. Good for you!

Damien and Ashley said...

Your daughter is adorable! I am so glad I found your blog. You look amazing...always so gorgeous. I will love looking at your blog and getting to know your family....the zoo looks fun-my boys will be jealous!