Friday, May 30, 2008

Climb Every Mountain...or at least One Large Hill


On Memorial Day we went hiking with my sister's family. We went to a local landmark called, Balanced Rock. It was Hannah's first hiking experience. It was enjoyable for all of us. It was not too long and not too steep. I think that we could have handled longer, but definitely not steeper. It was a good thing Chad was there; he really helped Hannah. I was slipping so much I was having a hard time keeping myself from falling without having to make sure that Hannah didn't fall.



We saw birds, a rabbit, and a lizard. We saw the birds and rabbit from afar, but we got up close and personal with the lizard (which freaked Hannah out a little). Chad even tried to get the lizard to climb on a stick (with no luck).

After the hike we went over to a park and had lunch. The kids played and we skipped rocks in the nearby stream. It was a really great day and has restored my faith in hiking.

3 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

Looks fun. I think that Lizard would of freaked me out also.

mandy said...

I love your background--very cute. The lizard...not so much.

Ryan + Angie said...

Tell me what it takes to get your faith restored to hiking...I think I am a lost cause.