Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Missionary in the Making


The other day we decided to run (well drive actually) over to Perkins for breakfast. The waitress showed us to our table. As she was seating us she asked if we would like some juice or coffee to drink. Without hesitation Hannah said, loud and clear, "We don't drink coffee. Jesus doesn't want us to." Chad and I both sat there stunned and laughing. The waitress said, "Oh. That is precious." I quickly then said, "We would like juice, please." It was a bit awkward, but very funny. After the waitress left, Chad said, "Well, it is the truth."
It is great how children are so honest and innoscent. They are not afraid to tell you what they think. Sometimes I feel that I should be more like Hannah. Not going around telling people that Jesus doesn't want us to drink coffee, but I think I should be more open to sharing the gospel and what I believe. I hope that Hannah always keeps that honesty and never becomes afraid to share her beliefs.

3 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

I'll need that when I go on my mission. Way to go Hannah!!!

mandy said...

I love that! The other day Lauren said, "I know that if I see someone smoking that it is a stranger because NO ONE I know smokes." Nice.

Ryan + Angie said...

What a good girl!