Tuesday, May 27, 2008

She's a Big Kid Now..sort of!

My little Hannah is growing up! A while ago we were at a Well-Child check for Hannah. The Dr. asked me if she could pedal a trike. I said, "That's a good question!" She had never tried it. We were at a store a few days later and they had trikes. I got one down for Hannah to try. Lo and behold, she couldn't ride it. I immediately called Chad and said, "Hannah can't pedal a trike (overly concerned)!" Chad, the rational one, reminded me that she had never ridden a trike, so it is unlikely that the first time she sits on one she would automatically know how to pedal.

A few days later Chad found a cute Disney Princess trike at a garage sale. Hannah loved it!



After a while she got frustrated that she couldn't peddle so she decided to walk and pull it!


Toward the end of the time, she was kind of getting the hang of it (with a little help from Chad, as you can see)!

She just looked so grown up riding around. It just kills me that she isn't my baby anymore. I think that once she can scoot around on her own it will really hit me. Until then I can push her with my foot and enjoy my little girl a little longer.

By the way, I know the handlebars are on backward. They came that way when we purchased it and we haven't switched them around yet.

3 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

That's pretty cute. I didn't even notice anything wrong with handle bars until you mentioned it. That's like me getting on the machine at your gym totally backwards. What you don't know can't hurt yah--right???

mandy said...

I felt the same way about Kate once I learned that Hannah was putting on her own socks...all by her own self! She is such a cutie.

Ryan + Angie said...

That is a super cute trike. It needs one of those handles so you can push it. I would like to get that kind but I haven't been able to find one. Of course, Ryan is on the look out (especially at garage sales and DI). :)