Friday, May 23, 2008

Princess Party Central

I don't know what my deal has been this week, but I have been putting off writing the post about Hannah's birthday. I think because there is so much to tell! Needless to say, if you don't want to read it all you can just look at the pictures!
On Friday the 16th we had Hannah's birthday party for her little friends. This was the most effort and work that I put into any party, I think ever (only second to my wedding)! Crazy, I know, but fun! I made the invitations look like little princess hats each with jewels and a veil off the back.



I made little princess skirts for each girl (comment if you would like instructions). They are very easy (a bit time-consuming ,though) and fun for dress-up.

I also made her cake. I used a mold and covered it with pink frosting and pink sugar. The jewels were Starbursts and Skittles. It was easier than I thought and turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!


Hannah dressed up in a pretty dress and we were ready to party!

Chad picked up these cute balloons that matched the theme perfectly!

The party started with the girls coloring pictures off princesses. I found a really cute picture of a princess kissing a frog, but I was afraid the little girls might find that yucky, so I found another one too, just in case. They all wanted the frog picture, who would have known!?!?

As they were finishing their pictures I told the story of the "Princess and the Frog" (using Little People to demonstrate). I was a little worried they might be too distracted, but they loved it! I might have to take my Little People stories on the road!
Next on the agenda, each girl made their own princess hat (using pink party hats, toole, and stick on jewels). They turned out really cute and each girl had their own personalized hat.

Once they were all dressed up they went on a hunt for the kings stolen jewelry. They each found a ring and a neckless that they king allowed them to keep, to thank them for their help.
Next we played "Pass the Frog." Similar to Hot Potato, but with a frog. When the music stops you have to kiss the frog. At first the girls were pretty shy, but once I showed them some exaggerated kisses they really thought it was fun.
We then did what they all wanted to do since they got there, OPEN PRESENTS!!! Hannah received, much to her delight, Barbies! It was fun to see her get so excited!

Last, but not least, we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake. The cake, although it was just a mix from a box, was delicious.

The little princesses played until their parents came. When they left they took the skirt, their princess hat, the king's jewelry, and a goody bag full of fun princess things.
It was such a fun party. It was a lot of work, but just to see how excited Hannah was and how much fun she had made it all worth it. She is a sweet girl and I would give her the world!

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

That sounds like an awesome party!

Ryan + Angie said...

Wow! You have set a pretty high bar!

Max and Deanna said...

What a fun party. Planning things like that is part of the fun!! You did a great job and I could tell Hannah and guest had a great time.

mandy said...

Kate had a fabulous time...you did a great job!