Thursday, May 8, 2008

Playing Catch Up

This is a catch-up post. I found my cord! Yea! So now that I found it I have a few updates I need to make.

#1: Chad finished his 2nd semester of his program at school. He will start clinicals in June. He will be working in the hospital Monday through Friday. It will be like a real job. It will be weird for me not to see him sometime during the day! We are very excited for him!






#2: We went to Rexburg last weekend. We had lots of fun seeing family and friends. Chad spent most of his time working on homework (he is taking online classes for his bachelor degree- he never really gets a break!) and he also went golfing (which was the highlight for him). Hannah's highlight was going to Bear World. We had a lot of fun. We saw lots of animals and rode on the rides. Hannah loved the rides! I really think that she is going to be a roller coaster buff like her dad. She said, "I liked all the rides and seeing all the little animals and riding on the roller coaster. That what was my favorite!"



She also had a love/hate relationship with the geese. She wanted to touch them and they would bite at her, but she didn't give up. I thought that after one snip she would be gone, but she kept going back for more.









#3: On Monday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo for FHE. It was really fun. I made Chicken and Black Bean Flautas for dinner (comment for recipe), we talked about traditions, and then made maracas out of paper plates(comment for directions). For dessert we had "Fried" Ice cream (again comment for recipe!). It was a really fun celebration. It was fun to do something different. Chad's sister Cortney and her little boy Zach were there to help us celebrate. Hannah really loved her maraca. She is still carrying it around shaking it.








Well those are the updates from my family. I am just happy that the cord is found. I am also happy that we are starting to finally have nice weather!





I have realized that I don't like getting my picture taken, because this is the most recent picture I could find of just me and it is over a year old!

4 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

I like the updates, the new background and the bribes for comments. :) I would like the recipes.

mandy said...

Ditto to all of the above. Is your "fried" ice-cream the Rachel Ray kind?

Max and Deanna said...

Great update!! Those are some very cute pictures. I would love the recipes. May never cook them--but it's fun to get recipes.

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

This post is for Chad, Wow!
My brother from another mother. It's been way to long.

I lost your info so long ago and could never find you. I was going through my old photos and found a copy of your wedding announcement I had scanned in and thought I would Google you one last time...

It's so good to see that you guys are doing so well and you have a daughter, wow! she's so cute!

When you get this shoot me an email john@ezsitegroup.com

- John Williams

Some Pics of my wife & I:

http://www.ezsitegroup.com/john_ciara/Christmas.jpg
http://www.ezsitegroup.com/john_ciara/IMAG0435.JPG
http://www.ezsitegroup.com/john_ciara/IMAG0441.JPG